Auckland University Of Technology
Auckland University of Technology (AUT) is situated in Auckland, New Zealand. It was set up on January 1, 2000 when the institute was given the status of a university along with seven others. Today, it is one of the youngest of these eight universities and only one to be a public institution by law. It has one primary campus and three secondary campuses. This university offers a fantastic range of undergraduate and post-graduate degrees and diplomas and certificates.
Many employers recruit skillful students from this university. Graduates are offered full time employment or they can work as interns. Students are hired for internship programs or cooperative education. Research students are also tapped for consultancy or research programs. AUT subscribes to NZUniCareerHub, which is an online job board for students and graduates. Employers can directly access this portal and recruit students. They also advertise their jobs on NZUniCareerHub so that the students know about the jobs available on the market.
Why choose Auckland University of Technology?
Auckland University of Technology (AUT) is New Zealand’s newest university with more than 25,000 students, domestic and international. Their high quality teaching staff, research rich environment, innovative facilities, learning support and contemporary programs enable them to produce skilled and sought-after graduates.
AUT offers a new approach to postgraduate study – one that is innovative, supportive, and collaborative to help you challenge traditional thinking, as well as yourself. We offer you a wide range of postgraduate coursework and research study options to meet the goals, whether you want to:
- Develop specialist skills to further advance your career
- Gain the essential knowledge to start a new career pathway; or
- Advance an area of knowledge with our research master’s and doctoral degrees.
So why do so many postgraduate students choose AUT?
- International Recognition – AUT is ranked among the top 500 universities in the world with courses internationally recognised and accredited with top associations such as AACSB and IPENZ. Professors and researchers work with businesses, governments, organisations and communities to influence change and insight across New Zealand and the world.
- Locations and Flexibility – AUT postgraduate programs offer flexible learning options that make study and work options feasible, such as online, block courses and after hours study times. You have access to a range of facilities and services at AUT through campuses spread across Auckland: from Auckland City and Manukau to the North Shore and the AUT Millennium Institute in Albany.
- Collaboration and Interdisciplinary Education and Research – Unlike some traditional universities, AUT schools and faculties work together in a collaborative teaching and research environment. This sharing of ideas, resources and skills not only fosters better results, but also provides plenty of opportunity to work in interdisciplinary teams and apply your skills or research across a diverse range of areas.
- Reputation – AUT is one of New Zealand’s leading contemporary universities. Their graduates are recognized by employers as being innovative, enthusiastic and ready to contribute to the success of the organisation, this is evident with their MBA and PhD students having 100% employment after graduating. This reputation has resulted in them having some of the largest programs in New Zealand like their successful MBA program.
- Support and Community – AUT’s student support services, which are among the best in the country, assists all students finances, scholarships, career decisions, cultural connections, health and wellbeing. As a student, you also have access to libraries, postgraduate rooms, specialist equipment, as well as academic and research staff who are genuinely passionate to help you succeed.
- Industry influenced – AUT courses are created and constantly improved with a strong collaboration with top industry groups and professionals. As a result our courses are relevant, practical and adaptive to the changing world.
Some of the Programs Offered
Art & Design
Postgraduate Research Programs
- Bachelor of Art and Design (Honours)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Art and Design
- Postgraduate Diploma in Performance and Media Arts
- Master of Art and Design
- Master of Performance and Media Arts
- Master of Philosophy
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
Postgraduate Professional Programs
- Master of Design
- Master of Arts Management
Under-Graduate – Bachelor of Business majors:
- Business Information Systems
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Human Resource Management and Employment Relations
- International Business
- Market Insights: Marketing, Advertising, Retailing, Sales
- Sustainable Enterprise
- Postgraduate Certificate in Business Studies
- Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Finance
- Postgraduate Diploma in Global Business
- Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing
- Postgraduate Diploma & Postgraduate Certificate in Professional Accounting
- Master of Applied Finance
- Master of Global Business
- Master of Marketing
- Master of Professional Accounting
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Architectural Engineering
- Construction Engineering
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering Technology
- Computer and Mobile Systems Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Network and Communication Engineering
- Postgraduate Certificate in Engineering
- Postgraduate Diploma in Engineering
- Master of Construction Management
- Master of Engineering
- Master of Engineering Studies (closed for NEW applications)
- Master of Engineering Project Management
- Master of Philosophy
- Doctor of Philosophy
Hospitality, Tourism & Event Management
- Bachelor of International Hospitality Management
- Event Management
- Food and Beverage
- Human Resource Management
- Bachelor of International Tourism Management
- Business Management
- Environmental Studies
- Social Sciences
- Master of International Hospitality Management
- Master of International Tourism Management
- Postgraduate Diploma in International Hospitality Management
- Postgraduate Certificate in International Hospitality Management
- Postgraduate Certificate in International Tourism Management
- Postgraduate Diploma in International Tourism Management
Accommodation at AUT University – Living on campus is a great option, particularly if you are new to AUT or from out of town. AUT student accommodation is convenient, modern and supportive – just minutes from AUT’s City or North Campus.
Sport at AUT -AUT is New Zealand’s leading sports university. The university has state of the art sports facilities, on-campus gyms, and a huge number of sports teams and events which all students can join. The AUT Sport Development Team provides a comprehensive sports programme and discounted season fees for all sports. You can get involved in free recreational sport, the inter-faculty sports series, sports teams and clubs, competitive inter-university tournaments, and international sports opportunities.