English language proficiency for non-native English language speakers, and was. IELTS is one of the two major English-language tests in the world, the other being the TOEFL.
The IELTS or International English Language Testing System is an internationally recognized test of English language proficiency for non-native speakers of English. Established in 1989, it is co-managed by Cambridge English Language Assessment, the British Council and IDP Education Pvt. Ltd. It is an admission requisite for students wanting to study in UK, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand or South Africa.
Versions: There are two versions of the IELTS:
Academic Version: Students who wish to enroll in universities or academic institutions or want to take up professional courses in English-speaking countries need to do this exam to show their proficiency in this language.
General Training Version: Students wanting to take up non-academic training or are desirous of getting work experience, or want to immigrate to a particular English-speaking country would need to take this version of the IELTS.
Countries accepting IELTS scores: IELTS is accepted by almost all academic institutions in the UK, USA, Australia, Canada, Argentina, New Zealand, Germany, France, Finland, Italy, The Netherlands, Ireland, Turkey, Belgium, South Africa, Hong Kong, Kazakhstan and Thailand. Apart from it being a requisite for academic admissions, it is also necessary for immigration to New Zealand, Canada and Australia.
Scores required: Students do not need a minimum score to pass this test. An IELTS Test Report Form is handed out to students sitting this exam which bears a score range from “Band 1” for “non-users” to “Band 9” for “expert users.”
Each institution that is accepting students with these scores sets the minimum threshold for accepting students. A “Band 0” score is given to those students who do not appear for the test. The validity of these tests is two years, so students taking the test must apply to institutions immediately as they get their IELTS scores.
This test is now present in more than 130 countries where two million candidates have taken it.
Why choose StudyandWorkAbroad for IELTS coaching in Mumbai: There are several reasons for students choosing to go with StudyandWorkAbroad in Mumbai for IELTS coaching. These are:
- British Council authorized coaching centers: We are an authorized coaching center of the British Council. Besides, we are members of the British Council IELTS Program and the Council has also declared us a “Recognized IELTS Registration Center.”
- Students are given goal-based advice: Our program advisors assess the needs of each student, the IELTS and other scores that he or she has received and customizes his advice accordingly. This makes it easier for the student to meet his academic goals.
- Free IELTS coaching: We give our students two kinds of IELTS training:
- Fast track coaching: StudyandWorkAbroad’s fast track coaching is designed to help students get the IELTS score they need for English-based university courses, often 6.0 or more. The four components of the test are taught here too–listening, reading, writing and speaking. Through the course, the student’s progress is monitored and he is taught to crack past exam papers based on exam practice and techniques.
- Intensive coaching: With our Intensive IELTS preparation, students develop strategies and skills that can enhance their overall band score. If learners have very little time to spare and want to take the IELTS exam in the near future, they should go for this course.
- Courses in conversational, reading, writing and translational levels: StudyandWorkAbroad provides coaching for IELTS so that they enhance their reading, writing and translation abilities.
- Specialized training: StudyandWorkAbroad also helps students with specialized training for the General and Academic exam by preparing, training and coaching them. Students are prepared for the exams by practicing mock tests, study material, tips, learning procedures and notes. With this kind of intensive help, they get the best score.