georgian college canada
Georgian College was established in 1967 in Ontario, Canada. It is one of the
fastest-growing colleges in Ontario. It specializes in applied arts and technology. It
has three main campuses at Barrie, Orillia and Owen Sound and four additional campuses
at Orangeville, Midland, South Georgian Bay and Muskoka. It has more than 120
career-centric programs across all its campuses.
Georgian College seeks to motivate its students to be innovators, change lives and link
communities through education. It offers several up-gradation courses, apprenticeship
training, diplomas, certificates, graduate certificates, college degrees and university
programs. It has developed 500 articulation and transfer agreements with 47 educational
It prepares its students to be innovators and entrepreneurs so that they are sought-after
by industry heads. This is why Georgian College is the choice of industry leaders who
seek graduates with the best skills.
Gerogian college has the largest Co-op network in Canada and has highest
number of Co-op programs (co-op programs are those where 4 out of the 12 months
the student is employed in a related field of study with a company, hence
gaining hands on experience which prepares them for the job market. These co-ops
are paid work)
Student services offered
- Georgian College has 11,000 full-time students and 28,000 students in its continuing
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship are instilled here to prepare students to be job
creators rather than job seekers.
- Its unique Georgian University Partnership Centre offers exclusive advanced study
courses such as Automotive Management and Golf management degrees.
- Georgian College was ranked No. 3 worldwide by the 2013 International Student
Barometer. This is also the highest score among all colleges in Ontario.
- It has been one of the Top 100 Employers for seven consecutive years.
- It was also named Canada’s Greenest Employers for four consecutive years.
Courses offered: This College offers courses in Science, Arts and
Humanities, Computers, IT and Management.