Nelson Marlborough Institute of Technology is the place for a world class education. NMIT as it is commonly known as, is a place where students get to study among renowned, award-winning buildings, guided by industry-savvy tutors, the latest technologies and studying with students from around the globe – all leading to internationally respected qualifications.
NMIT has to offer to its students more than 100 programmes at vocational, undergraduate and postgraduate level. Study areas range from applied business, aviation engineering, computing and information technology, education and teaching, Interesting fields such as adventure tourism, aquaculture, and viticulture and wine-making also make the fab list of this institute.
Nelson Marlborough Institute of Technology, campuses are located in Nelson, Blenheim and Auckland. Each of these campuses offer programmes that complement the business and industry demands. Student life is vibrant. There is always something that NMIT has to entertain, as well as services which assist students to ease the way into their studies with as little stress as possible. The tutors are enthusiastic and committed in helping the students achieve their goals and work together with local business and industry representatives to ensure the most up-to-date training available.
Six great reasons to study at NMIT
- Highest NZQA Approved Qualifications – Students can be confident of achieving qualifications that compare to leading educational institutions all around the world. All qualifications offered by NMIT at certificate, diploma, degree and postgraduate level are approved at the highest standard by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority.
- Global Economy Skills – Go anywhere in the world with the qualifications NMIT offers. The qualifications developed and delivered by NMIT keeps the real world in mind by providing skills and training for today’s global economy.
- Industry Links & Placements Credibility – NMIT programs are developed in consultation, and delivered in partnership, with local companies, organisations and industries. This ensures the students qualification will provide them with the knowledge, skills and experience for their career or further study, whether it’s in New Zealand or overseas.
- Industry Savvy Tutors – NMIT employs an impressive range of experienced, industry-savvy teaching and support staff from a wide range of countries. The NMIT staff professional development programme ensures staff skills and methods in teaching and learning remain updated with international best practice.
- Award-winning Facilities & Technologies – With over $43 million invested over the last five years in a range of modern teaching facilities, NMIT is well placed to deliver on its promise of a world class education. Whether it’s our award-winning Creative Industries building, or the very latest Maritime simulation software suite, you’re learning at the cutting edge.
- Graduate Approval – Our graduates are proof of our culture of achievement and excellence. Courses are constantly monitored for graduate feedback and consistently achieve targeted rates of satisfaction at ground level – the kind of feedback that tells us NMIT delivers for its students.
|Entrepreneurship and Innovation
||Operations and Production Management
||Adventure Tourism Management
The Nelson and Marlborough campuses at NMIT can be hired as they are a perfect location for a conference or function. World class facilities and stunning green spaces of Marlborough and Nelson are a perfect fit for any business occasion.
NMIT’s new Arts and Media building is the largest ever capital investment in the arts in the Top of the South. NMIT has invested in the community by providing a new art space and unique performance centre. For the first time in NMIT’s long arts teaching history, arts and media students have one building as their base. This innovative, creative space reflects the strength of art in our region and is purpose built to enhance students’ creativity. The NMIT Arts and Media building has therefore also become a vital teaching tool during construction and beyond, as engineers, architects, builders and the associated training providers are invited to assess the building to promote the use of wood in commercial construction.
The Rata Room is NMIT’s training restaurant for cookery and hospitality students. Its primary aim is to provide a realistic environment to prepare students for careers in hospitality. The launch of the Rata Room has taken regional differentiation in cuisine to a whole new level. The restaurant has been built around the concept of developing and reflecting the regional uniqueness of Nelson and Marlborough through the food and wine and also by partnering directly with local cultural communities. It’s also NMIT’s training restaurant for its cookery and hospitality students.
And finally, located in the Student Centre, Café Ake Ake serve good coffee and a wide range of hot and cold snacks and meals at reasonable prices. Choose from scones and muffins, pies and sandwiches and main meals ranging from western to Asian-style food.