University of Anglia Ruskin
Studying in UK is a magnificent opportunity. Students are presented with top-notch educational institutions, world-wide recognized courses, networking opportunities, lower education costs, and top job offers. What’s more is that international students are allowed to work up to 20 hours during their school term, and full time during holidays, thus allowing you to develop on your work abilities and earn income at the same time.
Anglia Ruskin University is one university in the UK that brings out the best in you, not only on an academic front, but also non-academically. The University has four campuses – at Cambridge, London, Peterborough, and Chelmsford. What’s thrilling is that the University’s story began as early as 1858, where John Ruskin, a patron and philanthropist, established the Cambridge School of Art. This art school slowly grew and was later renamed as Anglia Ruskin University.
Over a span of time, numerous institutes and colleges became a part of the University - Essex Institute of Higher Education and Cambridgeshire College of Arts and Technology- to name a few. The University also has numerous partner institutions in UK and worldwide, thereby allowing you to seek an Anglia Ruskin qualification from anywhere across the world. Some of the Anglia Ruskin partnerships overseas include Budapest, Singapore, Berlin, Kuala Lumpur, and Trinidad.
Hundreds of students from over 185 countries throng to this University due to its age-old roots and the quality of education. The University’s goal is to transform lives through entrepreneurial, inclusive, and innovative education and research. The values embedded firmly in its students are ambition, innovation, courage, integrity, community, and responsibility.
Anglia Ruskin places students at the heart of the University – and that is what makes a major difference. The educational experience at the University challenges students, and most importantly, empowers them to reach their maximum potential. It is, therefore, not surprising that final year students have highly rated their educational experience in the annual NSS survey. To put a number down, the overall satisfaction score stands at 84%, which is above the sector average of 83%.
Anglia Ruskin is a proud recipient of the TEF Silver Award. This award reflects the excellent quality of teaching, high levels of student satisfaction, and positive outcomes from students. The award also shows that the University has consistently exceeded rigorous national quality requirements for education in UK. In 2018, Anglia Ruskin was named among the top 250 universities in Europe, and received the CMI Higher Education Partner of the Year 2018, Duke of York Award of University Entrepreneurship, and Award-winning learning facilities at the Times Higher Education Leadership and Management Awards (THELMAS). These are just a few examples of the university’s success. You may, therefore, fathom the power of learning and engagement that the University has on its students.
If you are considering a higher degree from ARU University, you will be pleased to know that there are numerous faculties to choose from, namely-
- Arts, Law & Social Sciences
- Health, Social Care & Education
- Medical Science
- Lord Ashcroft International Business School, and
- Science & Technology
You may explore various courses at an undergraduate and postgraduate level, based on your area of interest and preferred choice.
Following is an extensive list of Anglia Ruskin University courses at an undergraduate level.
- BA (Hons) Computer Games Art
- BA (Hons) Criminology
- BA (Hons) Criminology and Policing
- BA (Hons) Digital Media
- BA (Hons) Drama
- BA (Hons) Drama and English Literature
- BA (Hons) Drama and Film Studies
- BA (Hons) Early Childhood Studies
- BA (Hons) Education
- BA (Hons) Electronic Music
- BA (Hons) English Language
- BA (Hons) English Language and English Language Teaching
- BA (Hons) English Language and Linguistics
- BA (Hons) English Literature
- BA (Hons) Fashion Design
- BA (Hons) Film Studies
- BA (Hons) Film Studies and Media Studies
- BA (Hons) Fine Art
- BA (Hons) Graphic Design
- BA (Hons) History
- BA (Hons) Illustration
- BA (Hons) Illustration and Animation
- BA (Hons) Interior Design
- BA (Hons) Marketing
- BA (Hons) Media Studies
- BA (Hons) Music
- BA (Hons) Performing Arts
- BA (Hons) Philosophy
- BA (Hons) Photography
- BA (Hons) Politics
- BA (Hons) Popular Music
- BA (Hons) Primary Education Studies
- BA (Hons) Social Policy
- BA (Hons) Social Work
- BA (Hons) Sociology
- BA (Hons) Writing and English Literature
- BEng (Hons) Civil Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Computer Science
- BEng (Hons) Electronic Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering
- BOptom (Hons) Optometry
- BSc (Hons) Accounting and Finance
- BSc (Hons) Animal Behaviour
- BSc (Hons) Applied Nutritional Science
- BSc (Hons) Architectural Technology
- BSc (Hons) Architecture
- BSc (Hons) Audio and Music Technology
- BSc (Hons) Banking and Finance
- BSc (Hons) Biomedical Science
- BSc (Hons) Building Surveying
- BSc (Hons) Business and Human Resource Management
- BSc (Hons) Business Management
- BSc (Hons) Business Management and Finance
- BSc (Hons) Business Management and Leadership
- BSc (Hons) Civil Engineering
- BSc (Hons) Computer Gaming Technology
- BSc (Hons) Computer Networks
- BSc (Hons) Construction Management
- BSc (Hons) Crime and Investigative Studies
- BSc (Hons) Cyber Security
- BSc (Hons) Economics
- BSc (Hons) Events Management
- BSc (Hons) Finance and Business Analytics
- BSc (Hons) Forensic Science
- BSc (Hons) International Business Management
- BSc (Hons) International Business Management (accelerated, 2 year)
- BSc (Hons) Marine Biology with Biodiversity and Conservation
- BSc (Hons) Medical Science
- BSc (Hons) Nursing - Adult
- BSc (Hons) Nursing - Child
- BSc (Hons) Nursing – Mental Health
- BSc (Hons) Ophthalmic Dispensing
- BSc (Hons) Pharmaceutical Science
- BSc (Hons) Policing and Criminal Justice
- BSc (Hons) Psychology
- BSc (Hons) Psychology and Criminology
- BSc (Hons) Psychology with Clinical Psychology
- BSc (Hons) Public Health
- BSc (Hons) Quantity Surveying
- BSc (Hons) Software Development
- BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Science
- BSc (Hons) Sports Coaching and Physical Education
- BSc (Hons) Tourism Management
- BSc (Hons) Zoology
- LLB (Hons) Law
If you are looking to pursue a post-graduate degree, you may explore the following options.
- LLM Digital Economy
- LLM International Business Law
- LLM International Commercial Law
- MA Applied Linguistics and TESOL
- MA Computer Games Development (Art)
- MA Criminology
- MA Early Childhood Education
- MA Education
- MA Fine Art
- MA Graphic Design and Typography
- MA Human Resource Management
- MA Illustration and Book Arts
- MA Intercultural Communication
- MA International Relations
- MA Print making
- MA Printmaking
- MA Publishing
- MA Sociology
- MA Student Affairs in Higher Education
- Master of Business Administration
- MSc Accounting and Finance
- MSc Applied Bioscience
- MSc Children and Young People
- MSc Clinical Child Psychology
- MSc Cognitive and Clinical Neuroscience
- MSc Computer Games Development
- MSc Computer Science
- MSc Consumer Psychology
- MSc Cyber Security
- MSc Electronic & Electrical Engineering
- MSc Engineering Management
- MSc Forensic Science
- MSc Foundations in Clinical Psychology
- MSc Information and Communication Technology
- MSc International Business
- MSc International Hospitality and Tourism Management
- MSc International Welfare and Social Policy
- MSc Management
- MSc Marketing
- MSc Pharmaceutical Sciences
- MSc Project Management
- MSc Public Health
- MSc Research Methods in Psychology
- MSc Supply Chain Management
It is imperative to establish proof of proficiency in English language in order to be eligible for any of the courses at Anglia Ruskin. Students who aim to pursue an undergraduate degree need to have an IELTS score of 6.0 or equivalent, with a minimum of 5.5 in each of listening, speaking, writing and reading. The University also recognizes other English language tests, such as ETS TOEFL iBT with a score of 80 (minimum 17 in listening and writing, 18 in reading, and 20 in speaking). Alternatively, a Pearson PTE test is accepted with an overall minimum score of 57, and 51 in each component.
As far as a postgraduate degree is concerned, the standard entry criteria is as follows:
- IELTS score of 6.5 or equivalent, with a minimum of 5.5 in each component
- ETS TOEFL iBT score of 88 (minimum 17 in listening and writing, 18 in reading, and 20 in speaking)
- Pearson PTE score of 61 overall, and 51 in each component.
For those students who are unable to meet the English language requirements, the University provides assistance through a wide range of English courses. These courses offers the much-needed guidance to help you achieve the level required for entry. Some of the courses offered in this aspect include Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA), English for University Studies, English Language and Culture: Summer course, and English Language Skills / English Language Extra, among others.
There is never a dull moment at Anglia Ruskin. With a vibrant city life, around 120 student societies, and a thriving Students’ Union, you may make your most out of your time here at the University.
Anglia Ruskin University has a Student Services Team that offers assistance with numerous aspects – right from developing your study skills to employability and even financial matters. The team helps international students before they even arrive at the University. Upon arrival, there is an Orientation and Welcome programme to help you settle into your new life.
On an academic front, you may avail of coaching and workshop sessions, through the ‘Study Skills Plus’ facility. This allows you to work on your planning, exam and writing skills.
The ‘Employability Service’ provides the much-needed guidance and advice on different career options available to you. There are ‘Faculty Employability Advisers’ who provide the opportunity to meet employers and help increase the probability of obtaining a job upon completion of your studies. The University also has the ‘Employment Bureau’ that organizes part-time paid work on a temporary basis. This not only allows you to earn some money while studying, but also offers an opportunity to learn new skills.
Some other supporting facilities offered at Anglia Ruskin include Student Money Advice Service, counselling and well-being service, Study Support Service, advice for disabled students, and the Chaplaincy, among others. In terms of facilities, the University has world-class amenities that students may use to their benefit. This includes a financial trading room, medical science laboratories, computer gaming suites, science center, and IT facilities. Besides, the ARU library is packed with all the resources you need – be it e-books, journals, and databases, multimedia playback, among others.
International students like yourself may avail of Anglia Ruskin University accommodation options at the Cambridge, Chelmsford, and Peterborough campuses. Flats and rooms come with a host of facilities, such as electricity, water, self-serve launderettes, letter boxes, and 24-hour campus security. With such benefits at your disposal, you are rest assured of happiness in every aspect of your life at the University.
Anglia Ruskin University offers the unique benefit of pathway programmes. In case you do not qualify to meet the standard academic requirements for the course of your choice, you may prepare yourself through a pathway programme from the University’s partner, Cambridge Ruskin International College (CRIC).
Based on your course, you may opt for foundation pathway programme, year 1 or Pre-master’s pathway. These programmes come with flexible start times and enhanced support. Another benefit is small class sizes, indicating higher interaction and individual support from your tutors. Post the completion of the pathway, you may successfully gain admission into ARU University, and graduate with an internationally-recognized degree.