University of Hetfordshire
United Kingdom extends a warm welcome to prospective overseas students who wish to study in its universities and colleges. Qualifications from these educational institutions are widely accepted all over the world. The undergraduate and postgraduate degrees here tend to be shorter as compared to other countries, thereby lowering the cost of tuition fees as well as living expenses. With a solid history of academic study and rich tradition, UK is indeed one of the best places to earn an international degree.
The University of Hertfordshire is one such university in UK that promises a bright learning experience. Located in Hertfordshire, its journey began as early as 1941 where the Hertfordshire County Council entered into a partnership with de Havilland Aircraft Company for the purpose of training young aircraft apprentices. Few years down the line, Alan S. Butler donated around ninety acres of land at Roe Green to be used for educational purposes. In 1952, the Hatfield College of Technology was established, and it was granted university status in 1992. Since then a lot of changed, and as of today, the University stands mighty proud and tall with numerous achievements in its kitty.
The University is United Kingdom’s leading business-facing university, and is known to challenge individuals and organizations alike to excel. It has an innovative approach to teaching, and hence attracts students from all over the world. What’s interesting is that the University has an impressive alumni, to the likes of jewellery designer Alyssa Smith and popular writer and comedian Helen Lederer.
The graduate employment rate of this University is 96.5%, which is indeed a record high. In fact, five of the University’s schools, i.e. Humanities, Hertfordshire Business School, Education, Life and Medical Sciences, and the School of Health and Social Work recorded employment rates above 95%. This can be mainly attributed to the high level of teaching excellence. So much so, the University achieved the top gold ranking in the Government’s TEF 2018. The gold award marks an uplift as the University was ranked silver in the past. This Teaching Excellence Framework award recognizes the fact that students consistently achieve outstanding outcomes. It is, therefore, no doubt that the University transforms the lives of students through excellent teaching, enriching curriculum, and a research-rich environment.
If you are looking for a bright and focused career, the University of Hertfordshire is the place to begin from. The faculty works with you at every step of your journey to help you develop the knowledge, skill set and attributes you’ll need to create an impact anywhere you go.
A USP of the Hertfordshire University is that its courses are created with industry input and are backed by excellent careers support. Through a wide range of courses, you may choose the one that is most suitable to your area of interest. These courses not only fire up your imagination, but also helps you gain skills and experience needed in the real-world.
Following is an extensive list of University of Hertfordshire courses offered at the undergraduate level.
- BA (Hons) 2D Animation and Character for Digital Media
- BA (Hons) 3D Computer Animation and Modelling
- BA (Hons) 3D Games Art & Design
- BA (Hons) Accounting
- BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance
- BA (Hons) Architecture
- BA (Hons) Business Administration
- BA (Hons) Business Economics
- BA (Hons) Design Crafts
- BA (Hons) Design Crafts (Ceramics and Glass)
- BA (Hons) Design Crafts (Jewellery)
- BA (Hons) Design Crafts (Textiles)
- BA (Hons) Digital Media Design
- BA (Hons) Economics
- BA (Hons) Event Management
- BA (Hons) Fashion and Fashion Business
- BA (Hons) Fashion Design
- BA (Hons) Film and Television Production
- BA (Hons) Finance
- BA (Hons) Fine Art
- BA (Hons) Graphic Design
- BA (Hons) Illustration
- BA (Hons) Interior Architecture and Design
- BA (Hons) Journalism and Media
- BA (Hons) Marketing
- BA (Hons) Mass Communications
- BA (Hons) Media and Publishing
- BA (Hons) Model Design (Character and Creative Effects)
- BA (Hons) Model Design (Model Effects)
- BA (Hons) Model Design (Special Effects)
- BSc (Hons) Music Production
- BSc (Hons) Music and Sound Design Technology
- BSc (Hons) Live Sound and Lighting Technology
- BA (Hons) Music Industry Management
- BA (Hons) Photography
- BA (Hons) Product and Industrial Design
- BA (Hons) Tourism Management
- BA (Hons) Visual Effects for Film and Television
- BEng (Hons) Aerospace Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Aerospace Engineering with Space Technology
- BEng (Hons) Aerospace Systems Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Aerospace Systems Engineering with Pilot Studies
- BEng (Hons) Automotive Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Automotive Engineering with Motorsport
- BEng (Hons) Civil Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Electronic Engineering and Mechatronics
- BEng (Hons) Manufacturing Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering with Mechatronics
- BSc (Hons) Aerospace Technology with Management
- BSc (Hons) Aerospace Technology with Pilot Studies
- BSc (Hons) Astrophysics
- BSc (Hons) Audio Recording and Production
- BSc (Hons) Automotive Technology with Management
- BSc (Hons) Biochemistry
- BSc (Hons) Biological Sciences
- BSc (Hons) Biomedical Science
- BSc (Hons) Computer Science
- BSc (Hons) Computer Science (Artificial Intelligence)
- BSc (Hons) Computer Science (Networks)
- BSc (Hons) Computer Science (Software Engineering)
- BSc (Hons) Computer Technology and Networks
- BSc (Hons) Environmental Management and Ecology
- BSc (Hons) Environmental Management with Agriculture
- BSc (Hons) Financial Mathematics
- BSc (Hons) Geography
- BSc (Hons) Human Geography
- BSc (Hons) Human Geography with Environmental Studies
- BSc (Hons) Information Technology
- BSc (Hons) Mathematics
- BSc (Hons) Molecular Biology
- BSc (Hons) Motorsport Technology
- BSc (Hons) Music Composition and Technology for Film and Games
- BSc (Hons) Nutrition
- BSc (Hons) Pharmaceutical Science
- BSc (Hons) Pharmacology
- BSc (Hons) Physical Geography
- BSc (Hons) Physics
- BSc (Hons) Psychology
- BSc (Hons) Songwriting and Music Production
- BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Science
- BSc (Hons) Sports Studies
- LLB (Hons) Commercial Law
- LLB (Hons) Government and Politics
- LLB (Hons) Criminal Justice
- LLB (Hons) Law
If you are wish to pursue a postgraduate programme, you may explore the following courses.
- MA Animation
- MA Art Therapy (2 Years)
- MA Contemporary Crafts
- MA Contemporary Textiles
- MA Digital Media Arts
- MA Fashion
- MA Film and Television
- MA Fine Art
- MA Games Art and Design
- MA Graphic Design
- MA Human Resource Management
- MA Illustration
- MA Interior Architecture and Design
- MA Photography
- MA Experience Design
- MA Product Design
- MSc Accounting and Financial Management
- MSc International Business
- MSc International Business (2 years Sandwich Option)
- MSc Advanced Computer Science
- MSc Software Engineering
- MSc Cyber Security
- MSc Computer Networking Principles and Practice
- MSc Artificial Intelligence with Robotics
- MSc International Tourism, Hospitality and Event Management
- MSc International Tourism, Hospitality and Event Management (2 Years Sandwich Option)
- MSc Management
- MSc Marketing
- MSc Music and Sound for Film and Media
- MA Creative Music Production
- MSc Music and Sound Technology (Audio Engineering)
- MSc Music and Sound Technology (Programming)
- MSc Project Management
- MSc Finance and Investment Banking
- MSc Finance and Investment Banking (2 years Sandwich Option)
The University mandates proficiency in English language, and hence you are required to clear IELTS with the required score. Students seeking to pursue an undergraduate degree must have a minimum IELTS score of 6.0 with no less than 5.5 in each band. Post-graduate taught courses require IELTS score of 6.0 or 6.5 (depends from course to course) with no less than 5.5 in each band. It is necessary to submit proof of your score in order to be eligible for any course.
The University of Hertfordshire offers a wide array of resources that empower you to succeed. Not only may you avail of first-class learning facilities, but also a host of other amenities that help you make the most of your time at the University.
One of the many facilities offered is the Learning Resource Centre. It is a one-stop shop for your computing needs, printing, study materials, library collection, tech, and more. You may also get learning and research skills support from the online library system, known as the Library Search. Through this system, you may find journals, e-books, reports, articles, and exam papers easily.
Students are allowed wireless Internet connectivity across the University of Hertfordshire campus. There are over 400 different software applications that you are allowed to use. Additionally, Office 365 is made available for everyone, which comes with familiar applications such as Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and various others.
In terms of housing arrangements, you may choose from various options. These options suit every budget, right from townhouses to studio rooms, twin rooms, enhanced rooms, and more. You will be pleased to know that the University of Hertfordshire accommodation has been placed at the 12th rank in 2018 Whatuni Student Choice Awards. You, therefore, need not worry about housing arrangements as the University’s range of halls make sure that you are always close to the social and learning facilities you need.
The University has made available an intranet facility known as ‘StudyNet,’ available 24*7 from any location. The portal is customized on the basis of your study programme with course materials, lecture notes, exam results, your personal e-portfolio, online discussions, and more. It also contains heaps of information about social activities, Students Union, career opportunities, and advice.
There is a ‘Careers and Employment’ team that offers information on work placements as well as other aspects of graduate recruitment. Work placements are facilitated across various subject areas like creative arts, computer science, IT, engineering and technology, and others. Through this, you may gain valuable experience, create a strong network, and explore endless career possibilities.
University of Hertfordshire Student Union, the hub of University life, holds exciting events, regular live music, and more. The University also has around fifty societies and clubs, and hence you may rediscover your old passions or discover new ones. Herts UK students may also benefit from various sports facilities and fitness options while on campus.
Besides the aforementioned benefits, you may seek support through counselling services, financial support, childcare benefit, multi-faith chaplaincy, career guidance, qualified security officers, medical support, and disability support, among others. The Student Centre, another strong support system, offers specialist advice on various matters, such as information on courses, allocation of accommodation, administration of scholarships, issuing ID cards, among others. Through such student support facilities, the University tries its best to make your student life as stress-free and rewarding as possible. It is, therefore, time to make a decision about your future career choices, and what better one than studying at this esteemed University!