Wellington Institute of Technology
At Wellington Institute of Technology our job is to ensure that the skills we
teach are relevant for your success, in the future as well as today. WelTec delivers
practical, relevant qualifications designed to enhance your career and employment
options. The teaching staff at WelTec are specialists and researchers in their
fields, and have invested in exciting new technology to ensure that students remain
at the leading edge of training and learning in New Zealand.
Wellington Institute of Technology passion for the future is based on
solid foundations. WelTec has had an important place within the wider Wellington region
for over 100 years. They offer a comprehensive range of education to almost 11,000
students each year. Their teaching is enhanced by the positive industry relationships
they develop and enjoy. They work closely with employers so that they, are confident
that WelTec graduates have the skills they need to succeed in the workplace.
WelTec’s business, industry and professional partnerships are of enormous benefit.
Students work on real projects and employers often recruit graduates directly from
WelTec. Above all, you’re a name, not a number, at WelTec.
Why You’ll Love Studying at WelTec?
Get the best of both worlds with the right combination of theory and practical skills.
Connect with employers through practical experience such as case studies, industry
partnerships and work experience.
Enter the workforce with a range of skills and knowledge relevant to today’s workplace,
with qualifications developed in consultation with industry advisory groups and
Join the next generation of new professionals and stand out from the crowd with the best
mix of theory and practical skills that employers demand.
WelTec certificates, diplomas, degrees and graduate diplomas are NZQA accredited and,
with City and Guilds and other international qualifications on offer, your qualification
will be well recognised – both here and abroad.
WelTec is up to date with the latest technology – you will have access to leading
teaching technology, specialist facilities and cutting-edge equipment.
Learn from teaching staff who have a wealth of industry experience and specialist
knowledge in their subject areas.
WelTec empowers students to achieve, with a range of support services ranging from
academic and learning support to financial, cultural and personal support.
Some of the Programs Offered
Diplomas, Degrees & Graduate Diplomas
Addiction, Counselling and Youth Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Addiction Studies (Level 7)
- Graduate Diploma in Applied Addiction Studies (Level 7)
- Bachelor of Addiction Studies (Level 7)
- Bachelor of Counselling (Level 7)
- Diploma in Alcohol and Drug Studies (Level 6)
- Diploma in Counselling Applied (Level 6)
- Diploma in Health Psychology: Hauora Hinengaro (Level 5)
- Graduate Diploma in Applied Management (Level 7)
- Bachelor of Applied Management (Level 7)
- NZ Diploma in Business (Level 6)
- Diploma in Marketing (Level 6)
- Diploma in Accounting (Accounting Technician)(Level 6)
- NZIM Diploma in Management (Level 5)
- Graduate Diploma in Engineering – Mechatronics (Level 7)
- Graduate Diploma in Engineering – Water & Waste (Level 7)
- Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Level 7)
- New Zealand Diploma in Engineering (Level 6)
Film, Design and Digital Media
- Graduate Diploma in Creative Technologies (Level 7)
- Bachelor of Creative Technologies (Level 7)
- Diploma in Creative Technologies (Level 6)
Hairdressing, Beauty Therapy and Make-up Artistry
- Diploma in Beauty Therapy (Level 5)
- Bachelor of Applied Management (Hospitality Management) (Level 7)
- New Zealand Diploma in Tourism & Travel (Level 5)
- New Zealand Diploma in Cookery (Advanced) with strands in Cookery and Patisserie
- Graduate Diploma in Information Assurance and Security (Level 7)
- Graduate Diploma in Information Technology (Level 7)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Level 7)
- Diploma in Computer Servicing (Level 5)
222 Willis is the newest student accommodation development in Wellington, New Zealand. Redevelopment on site at 222 Willis St took place over 2013 and the complex welcomed its first intake of students in January 2014.
The complex comprises of 6 floors with 280 beds. The accommodation is configured into a mix of studio, 2 bedroom and 4 bedroom apartments.
Each apartment is comfortably furnished and has its own bathroom. Bedrooms come complete with a bed, chair, desk, wardrobe, shelves, noticeboards and blinds. Wi-Fi is available in all rooms and power is included in the rental costs.
There is a kitchen in each apartment with a cooktop, fridge, microwave and storage space.
At 222 Willis we value safety, respect for others, social responsibility and above all community. The staff, policies and events at 222 Willis are all aimed at creating a proud and successful community of learners.
Dynamics Gym is available to students studying at WelTec and staff employed at the
The gym features:
- A large and well-equipped weights room.
- Separate and well equipped cardio area – True Advanced treadmills, elliptical
crosstrainers, cycle ergometers, spinning bikes and Concept rowers, and
- Stretching areas, including mirror and bar area
Gym Membership includes:
- Pre-screen and blood pressure test
- Core program
As a gym member you will also have the opportunity to participate as a volunteer
client for our Diploma in Exercise Science students personal training practice later
in the year.