Whitireia is a government owned and funded tertiary institute of
technology, known for its high student success rate and culturally diverse student body.
Established in 1986, on the shores of the Porirua Harbour, Whitireia has grown to become
a tertiary institution of choice for over 7,752 students, who study at one of our
contemporary campuses in Wellington, Porirua, Kāpiti and Auckland.
Whitireia is committed to teaching what employers want you to know. Over
120 programmes of study are offered covering master’s, postgraduate, degree, diploma and
certificate levels along with a number of short courses. All programmes have been
developed in conjunction with industry to offer excellent applied qualifications.
Their student support services and learning resources are exceptional and available to
all who study here. These teamed with our unique campus culture and being the number one
polytechnic in New Zealand for student success and course completion makes Whitireia a
great place to learn.
Why You’ll Love Studying at Whitireia?
At Whitireia, we offer multi-level qualifications from post school to postgraduate.
Qualifications acquired at Whitireia are recognised and accepted in most countries of
Convert Your International Aspirations into Global Realties
Whitireia Institute of Technology has established international
alliances with many institutions in Asia, subcontinental India and the Middle East.
These alliances facilitate educational opportunities through a range of activities not
limited to student and staff exchanges, and joint teaching and research projects.
A Whitireia qualification provides not only an entry into the career of your choice but
also world renowned qualification. Whitireia professes and practice’s a ‘student
focussed’ style of learning. They value students’ exploring ideas and thinking
independently in an applied learning context, and celebrate the vast cultural diversity
that these international students bring with them.
Whitireia is renowned for its industry links. These enable them to consistently maintain
current industry standards in their education, and create employment pathways
for international students.
Dedicated support centres on campus support students who need help in making the
transition from various international learning styles to New Zealand vocation-oriented
As a signatory to the New Zealand Code of Conduct for the provision of pastoral care,
Whitireia prides itself in its provision of student care services and dedication to the
well being of international students.
Some of the Programs Offered
- Certificate in Automotive Engineering
- Certificate in Trade Skills
- Certificate in Automotive Engineering (Advanced)
- Certificate in Motor Industry (Automotive Electrical and Mechanical Engineering)
Business and Management
- New Zealand Certificate in Business (Administration and Technology) Level 3
- Master of Management
- Postgraduate Diploma in Management
- Postgraduate Certificate in Management
- Graduate Diploma in Applied Business Studies (Porirua and Auckland)
- New Zealand Diploma in Business (Porirua and Auckland)
- Bachelor of Applied Business Studies (Porirua and Auckland)
- New Zealand Institute of Management (NZIM) Diploma in Management (Auckland)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Level 7)
- Graduate Diploma in Information Technology (Level 7)
- Diploma in Information Technology (Level 6)
- Diploma in Information Technology (Level 5)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Information Technology (Level 8)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Information Technology (Level 8)
- National Certificate In Computing (Level 2)
- Master of Information Technology (Level 9)
- Certificate in Information Technology (Level 5)
- National Diploma in Journalism (Multi-media) (Level 5)
- Diploma in Radio Journalism
- Certificate in Multimedia Journalism
- National Certificate in Radio (Foundation Skills)
- Diploma in Enrolled Nursing
- Bachelor of Nursing
- Bachelor of Nursing Māori
- Bachelor of Nursing Pacific
Outdoor Adventure & Tourism
- Diploma in Outdoor Adventure
- Certificate in Outdoor Adventure
- Certificate in Work Skills (Hospitality & Tourism)
Performing Arts at Whitireia
- Bachelor of Applied Arts (Performing Arts)
- Diploma in Stage and Screen Arts
- Diploma in Performing Arts (Dance & Singing)
- Bachelor of Applied Arts (Arts Management)
- Graduate Certificate in Applied Arts
- Graduate Diploma in Applied Arts
We offer a range of services to meet the learning needs of individual students. We work
with our students to develop new skills and improve existing ones.
Health and Welfare Services
Whitireia provides a wide range of support services including safe and professional
health and welfare services and financial advice.
There are a number of scholarships on offer to students who are planning to study
at Whitireia New Zealand