Wintec – Waikato Institute of Technology is amongst the largest
Institutes of Technology or Polytechnics (ITPs) in New Zealand. It is also a one of the
providers of superlative education quality, professional and vocational education here.
It has three campuses in Hamilton, besides one each at Thames and Rotokauri, and the
Otorohanga Trade Training Centre.
Wintec – Waikato Institute of Technology has partnered with local business and industrial
groups in order to build a strong community through research, education and career
development. By working together with these people the institute is able to minimize
skill shortages by producing industry relevant professionals that are in demand. Most of
the programs can be one on a full-time or part-time basis. This option also caters to
the working professionals.
The research programs are very focused on the problems that are faced by the industries.
Every discussion or the idea is based on whether it is relevant to the industry or not.
There is collaboration between the government, academia and the industry.
Since all academic staff is required to spend at least one working week in the relevant
industry, an in-house training is automatically acquired.
Why you should join Wintec?
- You get hands-on relevant experience.
- Wintec offers more than 140 courses, including degrees,
post-graduate qualifications, diplomas and certificates.
- Graduate Diploma in Business Studies
- Post Graduate Diploma in Science (Sport and Exercise Science)/Masters in Science
(Sport and Exercise Science)
- Graduate Diploma in Communication (PR/Advertising)
- Masters of Arts (Visual Arts/Design/Music)
- Graduate Diploma in Information technology/Post Graduate Diploma in Applied
- Post Graduate Diploma in Nursing
- Graduate Diploma in Practical Event Management
- National Diploma in Engineering/Bachelor of Engineering Technology
- National Diploma in Construction Management
- National Diploma in Architectural Technology
- Post Graduate Diploma in Health and Social Practice
- Graduate Diploma in Sport management