Call Us:+91-9920234749 firstname.lastname@example.org
University of Strathclyde – Introduction
Glasgow, a city in Scotland, is one of the most beautiful places in the world, owing to its breathtaking beauty and locales. The city has so much to offer, from nature based activities to art, history, museums, culture, shopping, eating out and more! This city has some great places to study – a perfect recipe for student life. Owing to its title of one of the ‘friendliest cities in the world’, Glasgow also makes for an ideal place for students to study in. The city is home to the renowned University of Strathclyde.
Based in the heart of Glasgow, Strathclyde University is leading in the field of technology. It houses about 22,000 students from about 100 different nations, thereby adding to the diversity of culture on campus.
The University founded in the year 1796 has a great repute for its teaching, innovation and research excellence. According to the Times Higher Education analysis of 2014, the University of Strathclyde features among the United Kingdom’s top 20 universities for research intensity. With a campus worth £650 million, the University has a Technology & Innovation Center, a Martime Safety Research Center, an Advanced Forming Research Center and a Weir Advanced Research Center (a collaboration between the University of Strathclyde and the Weir Group PLC).
Strathclyde UK boasts of having some of the best faculty that come from some of the most prestigious universities across the globe. It has a five star overall rating in the QS University Ratings, and has won the Times Higher Education Awards as many as seven times. The University also won the award for the Best Business School of the Year in 2016.
What’s more is that the University offers a unique opportunity to spend an entire year of your program studying at a partner University. You may therefore visit a new country, to the likes of New Zealand, Hong Kong, USA, Australia, Europe, Japan, and Singapore. Spending an entire year abroad facilitates personal development as well as provides the best career direction.
With numerous course offerings, a strong support system, and top-notch education, the University of Strathcylde is indeed a great place to pursue your foreign degree.
Strathclyde University offers a wide range of masters, and postgraduate diplomas and certificates. With numerous strathclyde uni postgrad programmes, including MSc, PgDip and PgCert accreditations, you may choose the one that is best-suited to your area of interest.
In case you wish to pursue your bachelor’s degree, you may choose from among the below-mentioned courses.
- Accounting – BA
- Accounting & Business Enterprise – BA
- Accounting & Finance – BA
- Accounting & Hospitality & Tourism Management – BA
- Aero-Mechanical Engineering – BEng
- Architectural Studies – BSc
- Biomedical Engineering – BEng
- Business Administration – BA
- Business Enterprise – BA
- Chemical Engineering – BEng
- Childhood Practice – BA
- Civil Engineering – BEng
- Computer & Electronic Systems – BEng
- Computer Science – BSc
- Data Analytics BSc – (Hons)
- Economics – BA
- Electrical & Mechanical Engineering – BEng
- Electronic & Electrical Engineering – BEng
- Finance – BA
- Hospitality & Tourism Management – BA
- Human Resource Management – BA
- Human Resource Management & Marketing – BA
- Human Resource Management & Business Law – BA
- Human Resource Management & Hospitality & Tourism Management – BA
- Human Resource Management & Management – BA
- Human Resource Management & Psychology – BA
- Immunology & Microbiology – BSc
- Immunology & Pharmacology – BSc
- International Business – BA
- Law – LLB
- Management – BA
- Management & Hospitality & Tourism Management – BA
- Mechanical Engineering – BEng
- Pharmacology & Microbiology – BSc
- Product Design Engineering – BEng
- Production Engineering & Management – BEng
- Psychology – BA
- Software Engineering – BSc
- Sport & Physical Activity – BSc
- Sports Engineering – BEng
In order to qualify for Strathclyde postgraduate courses, it is necessary to have an undergraduate degree from a recognized Indian institution (with a minimum of 60%). Graduates from IIMs, IITs, University of Mumbai, University of Delhi, and University of Calcutta, among others, are considered if their score is above 55%.
It is also necessary to provide proof of English language proficiency. For this purpose, the University mandates a minimum IELTS score of 6.5. You may note that the minimum score of some courses is higher.
The University of Strathclyde provides various amenities to ensure smooth transition to your new surroundings. You may avail of a wide range of services and get the most out of your time here. The University’s support system includes student counselling service, disability service, student financial support, student health services, and chaplaincy centre, among many others.
There is an International Student Support Team to guide you through various concerns that you may have. You may ask details about immigration issues, welfare, or personal issues. The team will be more than happy to help you.
This University also offers a host of accommodation options to those looking for a residential place. Through the assistance of a dedicated Residence Services team, you may find the perfect dwelling based on your needs and budget. You may choose from the Strathclyde accommodation halls of residence located on campus or may opt for off-campus accommodation.
The University of Strathclyde offers ‘Careers Service’ to help you secure a job. You may avail of one-on-one advice sessions, including CV checks and practice interviews. The Career Service team also helps you polish your skills, thereby helping you secure your dream job with ease. Given the university’s network with top employers in the industry, you may get an opportunity to work with the best organizations. You may also attend numerous career fairs, including the Scottish Graduate Fair, and grow your professional network.
Apart from an excellent academic backing, the University of Strathclyde ensures that your life as a student is as comfortable as possible, by providing you all you need, right on campus. The University also has a Sports Centre, which houses a swimming pool and exercise classes. From a launderette, to A book store, to a nursery (for students with children), to student clubs, library and so much more, you are rest assured that life on Strathclyde campus is as comfortable as possible.
In case you have the potential to study an undergraduate or post graduate degree at the University but you’re not ready yet, Strathclyde UK offers pathway programs to help you get there.
You may opt for an undergraduate foundation programme – a pathway offered at Strathclyde to obtain admission to the second year of a four-year undergraduate degree. Following are two available pathways at an undergraduate level.
- Business and Social Studies – A pathway to the second year of an undergraduate degree at the Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences and Strathclyde Business School
- Engineering and Sciences – A pathway to the second year of an undergraduate degree at the Faculty of Engineering and Faculty of Science.
The University of Strathclyde also offers a Business Administration pathway to the second year of a three-year BBA degree. The University also offers pathways at a postgraduate level. Depending on the post graduate degree you wish to pursue, you may choose from two subject pathways at the International Study Center. These include:
- Business and Social Studies – Pathway for a postgraduate degree at the Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences or Strathcylde Business School.
- Engineering and Sciences – Pathway for a postgraduate degree at the Faculty of Engineering or Faculty of Science.
By opting for any of these pathway programmes, you may gain the academic knowledge required for a higher degree. Besides, you may enhance your English language skills. Such pathway programmes provide an opportunity to specialize in the field of your choice, thereby opening up wider career opportunities.