Call Us:+91-9920234749 firstname.lastname@example.org
Wichita State University
In Kansas, Wichita State University is at the center of everything. As the state’s largest city — with a population of more than 670,000 — Wichita is the commercial, financial, medical, cultural and entertainment hub for the state and a major player in the region.
That level of activity can make living in a run-of-the-mill college town seem a little unfulfilling. From huge annual festivals and serene nature preserves to world-class dining and a thriving arts scene, in Wichita you can have it all. Combine that with endless opportunities for experiential learning and creative collisions with entrepreneurs, dreamers and experts from all disciplines who are working for positive change in the world and it’s clear: Wichita is a virtual utopia for the aspiring college student.
The mission of Wichita State University is to be an essential educational, cultural, and economic driver for Kansas and the greater public good. Combining tradition and innovation with the limitless resources of its location, only Wichita State has all the pieces you need to do more and be more. The location of Wichita State, in Kansas’ largest city, students take learning out of the classroom and into the real-world, gaining practical experience, building a resume, making connections, and getting a jump start on a career.
Together with local government and the Wichita business community WSU has built one of the most unique partnerships in Kansas, one that over the years has propelled each to new heights. It’s a relationship that both supplies the lifeblood of a thriving community and makes it possible to provide the most well-rounded education in the region.
Why choose Wichita State University?
- Most Diverse Campus with 15,000 students from 110 countries.
- Highest in-state job placement rate of all Kansas public universities.
- WSU students earn more than $4 million in wages annually through the Cooperative Education and Internship program.
- The W. Frank Barton School of Business’ dual accreditation places it among the top two percent of business schools in the world.
- Martin H. Bush Outdoor Sculpture Collection one of the top 10 on U.S. college campuses.
- Eighty-nine percent of WSU classes have 50 or fewer students.
- ESPN ranks Charles Koch Arena — home to Shocker Volleyball and both men’s and women’s Basketball—in the top 10 home courts in America.
- Students in the College of Engineering earn an average internship salary of $15 per hour.
- The College of Health Professions offers Kansas’ only physician assistant program.
- WSU’s College of Fine Arts is Kansas’ only comprehensive and accredited Fine Arts College.
Some of the Programs Offered:
College of Education:
- Early Childhood Unified
- Educational Psychology
- Physical Education
- Sport Management
College of Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Networking
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Engineering Management
- Engineering Technology
- Industrial Engineering
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
College of Fine Arts
- Art Education
- Art History
- Art-Studio Art
- Graphic Design
- Studio Art (Applied Drawing, Ceramics Media, Community and Social Practice, Electronic Media, Painting, Photo Media, Print Media, Sculpture)
Dance Music Theater
- Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Dental Hygiene
- Medical Laboratory Sciences
- Physical Therapy
- Public Health Science
W. Frank Barton School of Business
- Executive MBA (EMBA)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Human Resource Management
- International Business
- Real Estate
Life on Campus
- Campus Housing – Living on the campus at Wichita State University means easy access to absolutely everything on campus, including hundreds of new friends along with free cable, free high-speed Web access, TV lounges, game rooms, computer labs and basketball courts. Their policy of requiring new students to live on campus is designed to make sure they get the most out of their time at Wichita State – in terms of social life, academics and simple old fun.
- Student Involvement – There are many exciting ways to get involved at Wichita State University. Whether you want to be in a student organization, develop leadership skills, participate in community service, plan campus events or join a organization, there is always something for you. Student Involvement is committed to providing opportunities for students to engage in co-curricular and extracurricular experiences to enhance their collegiate experience while at Wichita State.