Call Us:+91-9920234749 email@example.com
If you want to migrate to Canada for further studies, then you must be a graduate or at least complete entrance level of university exams. If you want to migrate to Canada, then you must fulfill the following criteria. You must pass the English test and prove your proficiency in English to study abroad. Normally, to study abroad, you must pass any examination by scoring high marks.
You must first fill an application form and find out if you are eligible for immigration. You can apply for mainly three types of Visas that include:
- Visitor Visa
- Student Visa
- Work permit
If you wish to pursue your studies or study a vocational course in Canada, then you must obtain student permit before you continue studying. But, you need not obtain a permit if you are studying a course that is less than 6 months.
Before you apply for a Visa or obtain a student permit, you must choose a University or an institution and you must be accepted by the institution as a student. The education system in Canada differs from territory to territory or a province to province. The language schools or some of the institutions are not governed by the Canadian government. The institution should first send you the ‘Letter of acceptance’. This document should be attached along with the immigration form.
Along with the application form you must attach three documents:
- Identity Proof
- Letter of Acceptance
- Documents revealing that you are financially stable
You can always seek advice from experts such as lawyers, consultants, or counselors who provide immigration advice. If you are applying for a student Visa, then you can hire a representative. The representative should be authorized by the government of Canada.
You must present the ‘Letter of Acceptance’ that consists of necessary information.
You are required to present documents and proof to prove that you can independently spend for your tuition fees, transportation and living expenses.
Apart from the following, you should present some additional documents. Usually, you should undergo a medical examination before obtaining a study permit. You must also conduct a security check and when this process is complete, the visa office may even invite you for an interview. When your application is approved, then you must get it when you arrive in Canada. Then you can obtain a study permit.
The Process of Obtaining Study Permit
The procedure of obtaining the study permit is slightly lengthy. At the time of obtaining study permit, you must dispose the following documents to the officer of the Canada Border Services Agency.
- The letter of introduction that is presented by the Visa Office.
- Your travel documents or your passport that presents the details about your travels
- Letter of acceptance provided by the institution that you would be attending
- Documents to show your financial status
- Temporary Visa of residence
The Canada Border Services Agency decides if the student should be provided with study permit.
Work and Study in Canada
If you want to study further after completing a certain course, then you can renew your Visa. In Canada, you can work while you study and hence you can acquire work experience. In this way, you can sign useful business contracts for the future or even go to your hometown and acquire a top-notch job.
You can secure a temporary job while you study along with your spouse. In this way, you can gain a permanent job in Canada after completing your graduation. So, you can permanently obtain residency in Canada.
Work in Campus
You can work on campus, if you have a valid study permit in Canada. You can work for the institution where you are studying. You can also work for any business that is located on the campus. You need not obtain a work permit to work on campus. To obtain the study permit, you must become a full-time student of a reputed community college, university, a college, technical school, private institution, CEGEP or a technical school.
Enrollment In Co-Internship Programs And Work Off Campus
Now there is no need to obtain a work permit to work off campus, the study permit makes the student eligible to work off campus also. To obtain this work permit, you must be enrolled in a recognized institution such as post-secondary universities or colleges, public institutions, CEGEP or private institutions that offer degrees.
If you are working in a co-internship program,. As per the recent change in Government policies we at StudyandWorkAbroad.in are happy to announce that you no longer need to obtain both study permit and work permit separately.
To Work After Graduation
After completing your graduation course in Canada, you can plan to study further also. If you study for the post-graduation course in Canada, then you can secure permanent citizenship more quickly. To secure a job in Canada after graduation, you must secure a degree from reputed institution, college, CEGEP or a university. The work permit that you obtain is valid for three years from the date of application. You must apply for this work permit within 90 days after completing your degree and you must receive confirmation from your educational institution. The job that you secure should align with your educational qualification. Then you can secure permanent residency earlier that will lead you to Canadian citizenship. You can even change the employers during this period.
Permanent Residency in Canada
To become a permanent resident of Canada, you must apply under the following programs:
- Canadian Experience Class – CEC: To qualify under this program, you must complete your graduation from an eligible institution in Canada and must have at least one year of work experience in Canada. After your graduation, you must preferably work in the managerial, technical or professional field.
- Federal Skilled Worker program – FSW: If you qualify for this program, then you can secure a permanent residency in Canada. To pass this test, you must possess the necessary qualification and work experience.
- Provincial Nominee Program – PNP: The international students should settle down in the place that is chosen by the federal government. Based on the skills, qualification and work experience the federal government usually nominates a province or a territory. You must apply for a particular province or a territory that you wish and if the federal government is satisfied with your profile, then you can be granted permanent residency by the province.