Call Us:+91-9920234749 firstname.lastname@example.org
Cape Breton University
This is where you’ll Happen.
Cape Breton University is a place where students don’t just go, they Happen. Because CBU is a unique place where students who believe that they can actually have an effect in the world discover what that effect is going to be. Cape Breton University is one of Canada’s youngest and most ambitious universities with a comprehensive set of liberal arts, science and professional programs and a unique commitment to community, economic development, aboriginal learning and research into many aspects of environment and culture. Currently home to approximately 3500 students, CBU’s vision of higher education allows students to pursue diverse fields of study in programs with national reputations in final year student satisfaction, faculty-student interaction and employability.
CBU prides itself on providing a personalized undergraduate education that focuses on academic and research excellence, student services, a vibrant campus life and cutting-edge technological tools. The university offers outstanding applied research opportunities to students, and technical assistance to business, industry and community organizations. Home to Canada’s only Master of Business Administration in Community Economic Development, CBU is also known as Atlantic Canada’s leader in Aboriginal post-secondary education.
Why You Love studying at Cape Breton University?
- Offers undergraduate degrees in liberal arts, business, science and technology
- 1 of 5 universities in Canada to offer a Bachelor of Health Science (Public Health)
- Offers diplomas and certificates in petroleum, public administration, management, theatre, and education
- Lowest tuition + fees of any university in Nova Scotia
- Highest senior year “excellent” student satisfaction (Maclean’s, 2013)
- $3 million in annual research funding
- Low student/teacher ratios allowing for excellent classroom interaction
- Strong international partnerships
- Four university residences
Some of the Programs Offered:
School of Arts & Social Sciences
- Bachelor of Arts (BA)
- Bachelor of Arts Community Studies (BACS)
Areas of Study
- CBU Arts Study Areas
Shannon School of Business
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Bachelor of Hospitality and Tourism Management (BHTM)
- Master of Business Administration in Community Economic Development (MBA-CED)
School of Professional Studies
- Honours Bachelor of Science (Human Nutrition) -transfer option
- Bachelor of Health Sciences (Public Health)
- Bachelor of Science, Nursing
- Education at CBU
School of Science & Technology
- Bachelor of Science (BSc)
- Bachelor of Science Community Studies
- Bachelor of Engineering Technology.
Living at CBU
Living in residence at CBU is a huge part of the university experience. So many of the memories you make at CBU are going to happen during your time in residence! It’s where students come together to discover what it really means to be a Cape Bretoner. From the moment you arrive in your residence, you’re going to feel like you’ve found your home away from home.
Cape Breton University offers four unique residence living options so you can choose the best arrangement for you. From the traditional single dorm room, to an apartment style set-up with roommates, we think you’re really going to love life on campus!
Cape Breton experiences four distinct seasons – each with their own unique charm. Spring launches a renewal season, as the winter melts away, flowers pop up and blossoms arrive on the trees. Average temperature is between 10-20 degrees Celsius, although the evenings are cooler. July, August and September are the summer months. During this warmest time of the year the temperature is usually between 20 and 30 degrees Celsius. As the calendar flips into October, so too do the leaves slide into a new colour scheme. The brilliant Fall palate of red, gold, yellow and orange attract people from around the world. This natural phenomenon provides a stunning backdrop to Cape Breton’s already breath-taking landscapes.
Shopping & Dining
Mayflower Mall is on the same road as CBU. It has over 70 stores and services – everything from books to clothing to electronics and a food court. Not far from the mall are other large stores including Canadian Tire, Walmart, and Home Depot.
Cape Breton Farmer’s Market Every Saturday morning 8:30 -1pm farmers, crafters and other merchants offer their homemade wares for sale. From local beef to sushi to tomatoes to pastries – choices abound. With coffee and music, the social morning is a terrific way to experience Cape Breton’s diversity and meet many new people. 340 Keltic Drive