Call Us:+91-9920234749 firstname.lastname@example.org
University of Canterbury, New Zealand
New Zealand has become one of the most popular destinations for pursuing an international study program. The reasons to study in the ‘Land of the Long White Cloud’ are many – world class education system, experienced faculty, latest technologies and resources, besides many others. Universities in New Zealand have been internationally recognized for its high education standards and the best research facilities. Besides, the country has a lot of work opportunities for international students. Those on a student visa are allowed to work up to 20 hours per week through the semester, and up to 40 hours during vacations. What’s more is that students may apply for a ‘post study work visa’ and work for up to 12 months upon completion of their studies.
This is not all New Zealand has to offer. The natural landscape of the country – ranging from rolling green hills to snow-clad mountains, the sandy beaches and rainforests – is what attracts many students here. There are numerous activities, both adventurous and cultural, which help students experience New Zealand to the fullest.
If you are planning to pursue a study abroad program in New Zealand, you may consider enrolling at the University of Canterbury. This university is ranked in the top 3% of universities in the world (QS world rankings). It is located at Christchurch – a region which is fast-developing and welcoming to international students. Numerous students round the globe seek to pursue their higher education at this university, which is the second oldest university of New Zealand. Another alluring fact is that you have an advantage of obtaining added 30 points for the purpose of points for your Expression of Interest of your Residency application, if you seek a job offer here. The university offers subjects in numerous fields, and hence you may select your course based on your interests and educational background. Courses range from international business to mechatronics engineering and even criminal justice. The University of Canterbury offers over 100 qualifications in more than 80 subject areas. You may therefore explore your options, and make a choice to study at this esteemed and prestigious university.
SOME OF THE COURSES OFFERED BY UNIVERSITY OF Canterbury, New Zealand
The University of Canterbury prides itself in its offering of a wide range of courses, and supplements the same with numerous departments. They include College of Arts, College of Business and Law, UC Business School, College of Engineering, UC Health, School of Law, College of Science, College of Education, Health and Human Development as well as Service Areas.
There are courses offered at undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate levels. The most popular courses at the postgraduate level are Master of Business Information Systems, MBA, Master of Engineering Studies, and PG in Education leading to Masters of Education. The latter course is for students who wish to become teachers in New Zealand.
There are numerous postgraduate diplomas and certificates offered based on a student’s ability and interest in a particular field or professional practice. Postgraduate certificates may be studied in science, engineering, health, arts, and education.
The University of Canterbury offers postgraduate diplomas in the following disciplines.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Data Science
- Postgraduate Diploma in Art Curatorship
- Postgraduate Diploma in Arts
- Postgraduate Diploma in Business
- Postgraduate Diploma in Business Information Systems
- Postgraduate Diploma in Child and Family Psychology
- Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Psychology
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education endorsed in e-Learning and Digital Technologies
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education endorsed in Inclusive and Special Education
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education endorsed in Leadership
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education endorsed in Literacy
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education endorsed in Teaching and Learning Languages
- Postgraduate Diploma in Forestry
- Postgraduate Diploma in Geographic Information Science
- Postgraduate Diploma in Health Sciences
- Postgraduate Diploma in Journalism
- Postgraduate Diploma in Science
- Postgraduate Diploma in Specialist Teaching
- Postgraduate Diploma in Te Reo Māori
- Postgraduate Diploma in Water Resource Management
Students who wish to pursue a Master’s degree may either opt for Research Master’s, Coursework Master’s or a combination of both. The following master’s degrees are available at the University of Canterbury.
- Master of Antarctic Studies
- Master of Applied Data Science
- Master of Applied Finance and Economics
- Master of Arts
- Master of Audiology
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Business Information Systems
- Master of Business Management
- Master of Commerce
- Master of Computer-Assisted Language Learning
- Master of Counselling
- Master of Disaster, Risk and Resilience
- Master of Education
- Master of Education endorsed in Inclusive and Special Education
- Master of Engineering
- Master of Engineering in Fire Engineering
- Master of Engineering in Management
- Master of Engineering Studies
- Master of Engineering in Transportation
- Master of European Union Studies
- Master of Financial Engineering
- Master of Financial Management
- Master of Fine Arts
- Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing
- Master of Forestry Science
- Master of Geographic Information Science
- Master of Health Sciences
- Master of Health Sciences Professional Practice
- Master of Human Interface Technology
- Master of International Relations and Diplomacy
- Master of Laws
- Master of Laws (International Law and Politics)
- Master of Linguistics
- Master of Maori and Indigenous Leadership
- Master of Music
- Master of Policy and Governance
- Master of Professional Accounting
- Master of Science
- Master of Social Work
- Master of Social Work (Applied)
- Master of Specialist Teaching
- Master of Speech and Language Pathology
- Master of Teaching and Learning
- Master of Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
- Master of Te Reo Māori
- Master of Urban Resilience and Renewal
- Master of Water Resource Management
- Professional Master of Engineering Geology
The University of Canterbury ensures that the transition for international students is a smooth affair. There are numerous information sessions held to introduce you to the university as well as to the region of Christchurch. Besides, events and activities are held to help you adjust to the new place. This helps you meet other students and also helps you learn about the various programmes and services available. Another benefit available to international students is the ‘Student Care Team.’ The international student support team helps you settle in, and also offers you financial support. The team ensures that you always have someone to talk to in case of any personal issues, and provides the necessary support and advice. The ‘UC student mentoring programme’ is another facility available to international students to help them begin their journey in New Zealand with ease. A UC Mentor, studying similar subjects as the student, is assigned to the student. The mentors guide students with their studies as well as provide information on how to access the services available on campus. Besides the aforementioned facilities, the University of Canterbury offers numerous amenities such as library which offers newsletters, ebooks, and journal articles. There are also audio visual services, IT and computing facilities available. Another important academic setting present at the University of Canterbury are research institutes and research centers, to enhance the learning experience of the students.
If you are planning on studying at the University of Canterbury, you may be eligible for a scholarship. Students from developing countries may avail of a scholarship programme funded by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade (MFAT). The scholarship helps students gain a tertiary qualification, which can then be used to make a positive impact in the student’s home country. The offered scholarship helps students cover their airfare, insurance cost, living expenditure, accommodation as well as course fees. This reduces any sort of financial burden on students, and helps them place total focus on studies.